Saturday, December 12, 2009

Hostess Gifts

Do you give Christmas gifts to your neighbors, children's teachers, and family friends?  Growing up I always looked forward to the several plates of Christmas cookies that would show up at our doorstep from various families we knew at church.  Now I am looking forward to sharing some of that love with new Florida friends who made my cross-country move so much easier.  Here are a few cute ideas I've found:


 Hot chocolate on a stick, seen on No Biggie (one of my new favorite blogs)
I have also seen this done with plastic spoons instead of sticks, and rolled in candy cane pieces or marshmallow.




 S'mores kits, seen on Twig & Thistle




Cinnamon honey butter (I'm leaning towards doing this one since I already have all the ingredients and supplies, including lots of baby food jars that I knew I would find a use for)

I love DIY hostess gifts because it provides an opportunity to do something together with your family.  But if you prefer something ready-made, I'll be back on Monday with a beaut of a Christmas gift guide.

Have a happy weekend everyone!

3 comments:

  1. Cute ideas Linds, thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love those smore's kits! Great holiday hostess gift finds...

    ReplyDelete
  3. These ideas are simply fabulous!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you kindly for taking the time to leave a comment! They really make my day!